Start a new topic
Answered

How do i find Sudo and add user to sudo

I have added File status test for monitoring and on the test configuration page it ask me for Sudo path. How do i do it. 

Best Answer

On the Linux server, you can run the command "whereissudo" and it gives you the path of the sudo. Usually, it would be available under urs/sbin or urs/bin/sbin. Provide the path on the eG test configuration>File status test. 

Apart from that, you have to make sure the eguser should have permission to run the sudo command on that server. For that, you have to go to the file /etc/sudoers . In that file, under the session "# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command ", you can leave the default ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL or else you can mention the specific username to have permission to execute sudo command. 

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command

%sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

On the Linux server, you can run the command "whereissudo" and it gives you the path of the sudo. Usually, it would be available under urs/sbin or urs/bin/sbin. Provide the path on the eG test configuration>File status test. 

Apart from that, you have to make sure the eguser should have permission to run the sudo command on that server. For that, you have to go to the file /etc/sudoers . In that file, under the session "# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command ", you can leave the default ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL or else you can mention the specific username to have permission to execute sudo command. 

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command

%sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

Login to post a comment