Start a new topic
Answered

Inside view metrics are not collected by eG

I have configured a ESX server for monitoring and provided all the credentials. However, I only get the ESX host metrics but nothing shows up for teh inside view layer. What could be wrong? Guide me.

Best Answer

In order to collect inside view of the VMs, one of the two approaches can be used 

Recommended approach - eG VM Agent must be installed and running, on all the virtual machines. eG VM Agents on VMs will be accessed by the eG Remote agent to collect inside-view metrics

Please follow the below steps to install the eG VM agent. 

1. Run the eGVMagent executable as an administrator
  2. Click Next in the welcome screen

1. Read the License agreement and Accept to continue

1. Select the drive in which egvmagent needs to be installed (Default drive is C:\)

1. Define the TCP port in which egvmagent needs to be communicated with the eG Remote agent (Default port would be 60001)

1. Verify the configurations and click Next to proceed with the installation.

1. Click Finish to complete the installation

1 Comment

Answer

In order to collect inside view of the VMs, one of the two approaches can be used 

Recommended approach - eG VM Agent must be installed and running, on all the virtual machines. eG VM Agents on VMs will be accessed by the eG Remote agent to collect inside-view metrics

Please follow the below steps to install the eG VM agent. 

1. Run the eGVMagent executable as an administrator
  2. Click Next in the welcome screen

1. Read the License agreement and Accept to continue

1. Select the drive in which egvmagent needs to be installed (Default drive is C:\)

1. Define the TCP port in which egvmagent needs to be communicated with the eG Remote agent (Default port would be 60001)

1. Verify the configurations and click Next to proceed with the installation.

1. Click Finish to complete the installation

Login to post a comment