Start a new topic
Answered

Measures disappearing from monitor UI

In the layer model page, I noticed that measures disappear frequently for a specific test since i increased the polling frequency. Can you point me in the right direction?

Best Answer

Measures in the layer model may disappear if there is no measure collected during the last 2 polling cycles. 

For example if a test is collecting metrics once every 30 mins now, and you update the polling frequency to 5 mins, measures may disappear for a while. This happens as the computation uses 5 mins, and removes the measures from UI as there was no data for the last 20 mins. In this specific scenario, measures will appear shortly.

This setting is controlled by parameters in eGurkha\manager\config\ eg_services.ini file

Global setting that applies to all the tests.

[CUT_OFF_FACTOR] 

Default=2

(Measures for all tests are removed from UI, if data is not collected for more than 2 polling cycles.)

Settings for a specific test

[CUT_OFF_FACTOR]

CtxXpUserTest=4

(CtxXpUserTest will show all the users reported during last 4 polling cycles)

1 Comment

Answer

Measures in the layer model may disappear if there is no measure collected during the last 2 polling cycles. 

For example if a test is collecting metrics once every 30 mins now, and you update the polling frequency to 5 mins, measures may disappear for a while. This happens as the computation uses 5 mins, and removes the measures from UI as there was no data for the last 20 mins. In this specific scenario, measures will appear shortly.

This setting is controlled by parameters in eGurkha\manager\config\ eg_services.ini file

Global setting that applies to all the tests.

[CUT_OFF_FACTOR] 

Default=2

(Measures for all tests are removed from UI, if data is not collected for more than 2 polling cycles.)

Settings for a specific test

[CUT_OFF_FACTOR]

CtxXpUserTest=4

(CtxXpUserTest will show all the users reported during last 4 polling cycles)

Login to post a comment