Assigning Agent memory setting for optimal performance, by following the below steps
- On the eG Agent, stop the eG Agent as an administrator.
- Open a command prompt as an administrator and open the file debugoff.bat and debugon.bat located on eGurkha\lib folder
- Search for the -Xmx and value should be changed to the desired value with Megabytes as the unit based on the available memory on the host.
- After the -Xmx value, paste the below content without any changes except the NewSize and MaxNewSize=256 - (This should be 1/4 th of Xmx memory value and PermSize and MaxPermSize =256 - (This should also be 1/4 th of Xmx memory value)
-Dhttps.protocols="SSLv3,TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" -XX:NewSize=2048m -XX:MaxNewSize=2048m -XX:PermSize=2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+G1SummarizeConcMark -XX:+UseTLAB -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=30 -XX:ConcGCThreads=5 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=20 -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+AggressiveOpts
- Make the same changes on the both debugoff.bat and debugon.bat file
- Once the changes are done, run the following batch file on the location egurkha\libin order for the changes to take effect
- Run the file debugoff.bat as an administrator
- Run the file start_agent.bat as an administrator
- Memory setting has to be calculated based on the Memory available on the system.
- Take a backup of respective file before making this changes.