Download the respective Linux OS installation from the below link.
Before installing the eG Agent, make sure that there is communication between the Linux server, and the eG Manager using ping/telnet.
Installing the eG Agent
- Copy the eGagent.tar,iAgent.sh into the /tmp folder
- Login As root user
- Give the execution permission for iAgent by using the commands chmod +x iAgent
- Execute the script ./iAgent.sh
- Enter the name of the eG user [egurkha]: egurkha
- Enter the directory where the eG Agent should be installed [/opt]: /opt
- Would you like the eG Agent to auto-restart on system boot-up? y/n [n]: y
- Do you want to install these conflicting files [y,n,?q] y
- Do you want to continue with the installation of <eGagent> [y,n,?] y
from root user and log in as eG user - egurkha
Configuring the eG Agent:
- Please indicate if you accept the eG licensing terms y/n [n]: Y
- Enter the hostname (or IP address) of the eG Manager: <<eG manager IP/Host name>>
- Enter the port number of the eG Manager : <<port number>>
- Please indicate if you want to use a proxy for the eG Agent to communicate with the eG Manager? y/n [n]: n (if you have proxy then say and provide Proxy server information)
- The eG Agent can use HTTP or HTTP/SSL to communicate with the eG Manager. In order to use HTTP/SSL, please make sure that the eG Manager has been configured to support SSL.
- Do you want to configure the eG Agent to use SSL for communication with the eG Manager? y/n [n] : n (If eG manager uses SSL, eG agent should be configured to use SSL)
- Please indicate if you want to assign a nickname(s) for this host? y/n [n] : n
- Do you want to configure any Coldfusion servers running on the localhost.localdomain for monitoring by the eG Agent? y/n [n]: n
- Do you want to configure any Sybase Adaptive servers running on the localhost.localdomain for monitoring by the eG Agent? y/n [n]: n
- Move to /opt/egurkha/bin and execute ./start_agent
eG Agent installation is now complete.
- To start/stop eG Agent on Linux servers, always use eG user that you used at the time of installation.
- To start the eG Agent, use the command /opt/egurkha/bin/start_agent
- To stop the eG Agent, use the command /opt/egurkha/bin/stop_agent