Points to remember before installing the eG manager
By default, eG recommends installing eG Manager with the port 7077,
- If you prefer to choose any other open port in your infrastructure, you can use that at the time of installation.
- If you prefer your own port make sure it is not used by any other application on the infrastructure.
If you prefer to access the eG Manager globally, then you can use the port 80 or 443.
- If that is the case we would recommend you create a DNS entry for the eG Manager host.
Manager communication protocol:
eG can use both HTTP/HTTPs for communication
- If you prefer to use HTTPs for secured communication, we would recommend getting the SSL trusted certificates for communication.
- The trusted certificate should be bundled with both AD and Root certificate with the public and Private Key enabled. Click here for information on SSL certificate configuration
Installing eG Manager
Download the respective Windows OS installation from the below link.
- Run the eG Manager Executables file as Administrator
- Say yes to the licensing agreement.
- Select the Java (JDK) version you wish to use for installing the eG Manager from the list below.
- Please select the host name or IP Address of this host. : (Select an option from the list)
- Do you require the eG Manager to be double byte enabled (for East Asian Language)? Note that eG database size requirement will double if you choose the eG Manager to be double - byte enabled? : No (say yes if you use East Asian Language)
- Do you need the eG Manager to be SSL enabled? No (Say Yes if you want to have the Secured connection for eG)
- Please select the type of database that you want to use to host eG database? (Select MS SQL or Oracle)
If you have selected the backend Database as MS SQL
- Is Ntlmv2 Enabled? NO
- Do you have the MS SQL server running in your environment? Yes
- Provide the Host name or the IP address of the SQL server and the port number (1433). (Incase if the SQL is running on instance based, provide “none” on the port), on the next screen provide the instance name.
- Do you have MSSQL Server with SSL support enabled? NO
- Would you like to create a new database for the eG Manager? Yes
- Enter the name of the database that you want to create for the eG Manager: EGDB
- New Database creation Requires administrator privileges.(e.g. SA or windows domain account as "domain\DBAccount" if windows authentication is enabled for the SQL database server
- Please enter the database administrator (DBA) USER NAME: SA
- Please enter the SA password
- The eG Manager requires a special database user account to store its measures. In order to create a new user, please enter a Database user name and password
- Select the folder where you want to install the application (it is recommended to install the eG Manager on the Non OS drive, like D or E drive)
If you have selected the backend Database as Oracle
- Please ensure that the Oracle database has at least 100 MB to install the eG Manager.
- Please provide the host name or the IP address, and the Port number of the Oracle Server (1521.)
- Provide the Oracle database instance (SID) of the eG manager.
- Provide a name and a password for the database user account that you want to create for the eG manager. (Make sure that connect, select catalog, and resource privileges are granted to the existing user.)
- Specify the destination folder for installing the eG manager (it is recommended to install the eG Manager on the Non OS drive, like D or E drive)
- Next eG tries to access the database server and create the user account specified
- The Database user does not exist, do you want to create one? Yes (if you have provided an existing user, then it will ask you " User name already, do you want to user same name, Say Yes)
- The eG Manager Installation would proceed and you will be able to see the progress and the end result of the installation process.
- eG Database creation
- eG Database table creation
- eG Manager installation completion status
- Finally deploy the license file on the <<eG Installed directory>>\egurkha\bin folder and restart the eG Manager server.
- To access the eG Manager on the browser, type in http(or)https://<<hostname/ip of the eG manager>:<<port number> to access the eG Manager.
- To login to the eG Manager console, default user name: admin & password: admin